An idea to fix history repeating itself + invite code

Too Much Rum
Staff member
I'm a
Man
I had an idea I should have tried long ago.

I always bring back a site and then it's inactive so I eventually get rid of it (no fun having a dead site). Who knows with more time maybe some of those could have grown but I move on to other stuff instead. Eventually I repeat the process and that ultimately ends in failure. Meanwhile there are other sites that I have in mind that are somewhat related but for their own niche that I almost never make. This leads to an idea to potentially fix all of it.

With the new idea it's much more likely there will be site activity, especially once I finish one of them (the Linux one -- see below). I could have ditched MyInkedSpace and use of other old site names but people trickle back from the old days so it would be cool for people to re-connect.

Edit (Sept 3, 2024) - Invite Code: Click here for the invite code.

Edit:

I removed a chunk of this post since now I've done it. The idea was to have sites as subsites of a single domain, like how reddit has subreddits except the sites could be anything. Like reddit, the same login is used for everything, but unlike reddit each community or subsite has its own user profiles.

So, if a person is interested in one of the subsites it would then expose them to the others which they may want to join and they would already have an account... all they would need to do is click the "Join" button. Again, all one single account.

Here are two that I'm working on the most but have I have three more which are much more different, which you can't join yet but soooooon:

One of the other ones is more of an informational site for helping with people switch from Windows to Linux. Mainly blogs will be posted but also will have forums. Eventually I'll be back to working on it. I have a lot of knowledge to share with Linux newbs.

Last edited:
Too Much Rum
Staff member
I'm a
Man
Wrote this HUGE reply, screen rotated and I lost it all. I give up. Lol
Damn, that sucks. Actually, that's also weird since this editor saves drafts unless I disabled it (if it can be disabled). So if it did reload and drafts was working it would fill the editor back in with the text you had. I'll have to see if there's a setting for that.

Edit: There's only one setting and that's to enable or disable it. I'm pretty sure it used to auto save.

Too Much Rum
Staff member
I'm a
Man
Remember when the pictures page showed your own pictures regardless of permission. Was that too confusing? I ended up adding a colored border to indicate permission so I guess I probably answered my own question :) Maybe I'll have it just public and community members only (if user viewing it is a community member).

Also, I'm gonna make a MyInkedSpace on there. It won't be a clone of KrackSocial on there though because no point having two identical ones. It'll have a place for events, filtering pictures by tattoos, shops, a way to indicate if a user is an artist (possibly), etc. Again, it's all one account but each community has it's own profile along with profile picture and friends list or follow/following, etc. And you switch between just by clicking a link. No logging out and logging in. It's all within the same site. Like groups or crews on steroids.

Last edited:
Too Much Rum
Staff member
I'm a
Man
Getting closer to people being able to join it. Mainly need to finish making sure everything can be edited, commented on, and deleted. Some stuff still isn't. Maybe everything will be by the end of the weekend.

There aren't old backups of the old MyInkedSpace or KrackSocial to import members from so creating an account will be required.

There won't end up being VIP. There will be Bling Bucks but everyone who joins will get a lot. They won't matter unless by some miracle the site gets a lot of people joining. Also, only the KrackSocial community will have Blings or Bling Bucks.

Last edited:
Too Much Rum
Staff member
I'm a
Man
Joining may happen today. Biggest problem right now is there's no notifications so if someone comments on something like a status update you have no idea it happened. The live doesn't show comments and lots of stuff can be commented on. Hmmm... guess it should be in the feed since forum replies is. Once I get that figured out I think I can post the invite code to join.

Too Much Rum
Staff member
I'm a
Man
I think it's far enough to be used.

Invite Code:

2010 is when MyInkedSpace was first created.

There are some things to know...

1. (Might be fixed) When you post a status update, it may not display without refreshing the page. So try loading the home page again before posting it again. I ran into this before so I should have it fixed soon.
  2. (Mostly fixed -- typing position isn't put after the picture) When you upload a picture to the editor, such as when posting a status update, it sends it to the server for processing so there's a delay before it shows in the editor. I need to add a message or something while that's happening because it looks like nothing is happening and the picture didn't attach.
  3. (Might be fixed) When you submit a form it disables the submit button for a few seconds. It's not smart yet in any way so if you're submitting a form with a picture it may take longer than a few seconds and it will seem like it's not doing anything but it still is. Obviously a big problem I need to do something about.
  4. Status updates and activity don't have privacy settings -- it's all public.

Still a lot of things unfinished and still some stuff missing from profiles.

Last edited:
Too Much Rum
Staff member
I'm a
Man
The new site supports animated profile pictures. What I just noticed on the wayback machine is in 2013 it supported animated profile backgrounds. Right now the site doesn't support a background picture, but something maybe I'll add today. It was forbiddens profile I saw that's animating (the screenshot isn't animated)...

Screen Shot 2024-09-10 at 06.00.33.png

Edit: Now it supports background images, including animated...

I'm not using anything animated. But it shows using a background image, cover image, and profile image and all of those can be animated. I'm gonna need a more powerful server lol. If you edit your profile and change all 3 to animated at the same time you could have a long wait, might even time out. I might have to make it so only one can be replaced a time.

Also, I'm not planning on getting rid of this site any time soon, even though there's only 8 people here and only 2 of us are active.

Last edited:
Too Much Rum
Staff member
I'm a
Man
The only backup I have still from the old-ish days (a few years ago, not so old) is a spreadsheet of how much Bling Bucks people had when I took one of the sites down. I kept it in case I ever brought the site back because people mostly paid for those Bling Bucks. The list looks like a couple hundred people.

Dare I email them about the new site? People are probably tired of sites coming back though! I don't blame them. I think some would be interested though, like queenwifey. I need to work some issue out with sending emails first or it'll just go in the spam folder never to be seen.

Right now if you join you get 10k Bling Bucks. Once I add ability to give people Bling Bucks I'll send people their Bling Bucks as it shows on the spreadsheet.