Random question... do any modern apps still have home screen buttons?

Too Much Rum
Staff member
I'm a
Man
Back in the day lots of apps had buttons to different features from the home screen (as seen in the picture below). Do any modern apps still do that? I'm probably going to add it for the new site for the communities otherwise people may not realize all of the features that exist.

Here's what I mean (a screenshot from long ago on a version of KrackSocial I was working):

1724674770576.png

SMD

VIP
I'm a
Woman
I can't answer. I wouldn't know...or just never noticed. The few I use have the 3 line menu thingy and just about every website I use.. mobile or desktop does have the actual home page as a link by tapping or clicking the logo or site name at top of every page

Too Much Rum
Staff member
I'm a
Man
I can't answer. I wouldn't know...or just never noticed. The few I use have the 3 line menu thingy and just about every website I use.. mobile or desktop does have the actual home page as a link by tapping or clicking the logo or site name at top of every page
The logo on my site is also clickable to get to the home page of the community.

I added a scrollable list of icons to the home page for phones. That way it doesn't take up a ton of space and the home page is still the home page and not just buttons. I haven't decided if I'm gonna have some buttons stuck to the bottom of the screen again. Unless I make it a scrollable list not many fit.

I don't use many apps where buttons would make sense but I don't remember see buttons home screens in a long time.